Poqet-0164 Battery Wires

Hello all,

I have a question about internals on the PQ-0164 (see below, 2nd to last
paragraph), but first some information that might be of interest.

I just got two broken PQ-0164's on eBay -- screens on both are broken :( .
One (serial 016400005224, also embossed with "NOT FOR RESALE" on the bottom)
is more or less whole and the other (no serial number on the unit, "004078"
on the motherboard [MB], with a silver sticker marked "Poqet Computer Corp.
Asset#: 02778" on the bottom and a "U.S. Govt. Property DOE" label on the
screen bezel) is apart and missing about 1/2 of the key caps and the LCD
ribbon cable. Both are missing the battery covers and both PC card covers.

There are some interesting differences between the two units. The first
(#5224) has boards made in Japan, with mounting screws through the MB. The
boards in the second (both MB and LCD board) are made in USA. The opaque
areas on the screen are matte black on the first unit and shiny black on the
second. The cases on both are otherwise the same.

The first unit has a flat-bottomed battery compartment, so the negative
battery wires connect to the MB under the ESC key. The second has a channel
at the back of the battery compartment where two wires run. Unfortunately,
these wires are not connected, and I cannot see where on the MB they were
attached, but they must have been attached on the right side (where the
expansion connector is located). The small tab on the first unit's BM, where
the wires connect, is not present on the MB of the second unit.

Now for my question. Can anybody tell me were the two negative battery wires
(white and black) attached to the MB?

I'm going to play with these units some (I have a working PQ-0181) to see if
the MB's are OK. I will consider parting out pieces as replacement parts for
other units. Contact me off-list if you need some parts or are interested in
either of the units in their entirety. I didn't pay much for them, so I'm
not going to ask much for any parts.

Regards,
Bob Feldman
Robert_Feldman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx