old dog new tricks

Okay, this list needs some traffic!

A while back I was looking at finding a use for my PC-3100.  At the same
time I wanted an external keyboard for my Palm.  I found I could use the
PC-3100 as an external keyboard for the Palm!  just connect the PC3k to the
Palm using the Sharp serial cable attached to a Palm cradle via a null
modem.  Then you need a keyboard driver - there are several out there. I
have a couple if you can't find one.   The one I've used is keyz (attached,
if the list allows that).

The keyboard works fine, though of course while you are using it you are
running down the batteries of both the Palm and the PC3k.  But at least
you've saved $100, or whatever is the cost of the Palm keyboard. ;-)

Another option is to compose your note on the PC3k, save it to a file, say
note.txt, then c:>copy note.txt com1:   while connected to the Palm, on
which you are running ptelnet in serial mode.  Select the received text and
export to a Memo item.

cheers,
Stewart Midwinter
e-mail: Stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxx