Starting Up from zero after calamity

Hi guys

The only problem with PC3000 in my case is when I had some calamity and
my d: and e: drives are empty or filled with fresh setup information.

I can't reach my compact flash cards that hold all my applications and
personal information.

The only transfer possibillity that I have after such a calamity is
the internal Laplink.

Those of us that have a sram-card can put the drivers for the CF-cards on this
expensive megabytes, and start from there regaining access to the compact flashes.

I chose a different road up till now.

I have a bootdisk DOS622, on this I put the drivers for compact flash and
laplink, the PC3000 version.

The rest of the backup for the D: drive I put on my compact flash card.

This requires a serial link to some PC that can boot from this floppy.

There are ton's of them.
As long as I have my bootflop and my serial link I can allways regain access to my
complete bunch of data and applications.

>From that moment on I have my parallel link and my compact flashes available again,
so I am up-and running in no time.

Hope this helps those of you who just started with PC3000.

Regards

L.G.C.M. Arendsen (Leo)
Senior Patent Searcher

Philips Corporate Intellectual Property
Visitor's address:Prof. Holstlaan 6, building WAH, 5656 AA  Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Mail address: P.O. box 220, 5600 AE Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Phone:+31 40 27 43423 Facsimile: +31  40 27 43489
E-mail: Leo.G.Arendsen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web-site: pww.cip.corp.philips.com