Do you still have a copy of the PC3000 Laplink ??

>From my experience,  copies of the PC3k Laplink files won't work on
external PC's...

I found best results by simply copying the Interlnk and Intersvr files from
DOS 6.22 and doing the following:

                   INTERLINK PC
                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Add the following line to the config.sys on
        both the PC-3k and your desktop PC:

        device=n:\interlnk.exe /drives=7 /noprinter /lpt
           (if you're using parallel cables)

        device=n:\interlnk.exe /drives=7 /noprinter /com1
           (if you're using serial cables)

        (The /com1 and /lpt switches can be ommitted if probs
        with loading)

        My connect success mostly with Laplink+modem cables to
        serial port.

        After the boot, type 'intersvr' on the PC-3k and then
        'interlnk' on the PC, and away you go, the PC3k's
        PCMCIA cards are available as additional drives on the
        PC.

        You can only access both the PC3k drives from the desktop PC if it
        is running W9x/32bit FAT though.

Mark