Mitsubishi Melcard 1MB SRAM - LINUX Howto

In case it matters to someone, I have written up shortly howto get a
Mitsubishi Melcard 1MB SRAM card working under LINUX.
This is because the standard memory card driver memory_cs will not work on
a 2.4.19 LINUX w/ pcmcia-3.2.1 external for this type of card.
For read/write access to the cards data there is a workaround available
(w/ the help of David Hinds ;-)
(1) When the card is inserted the device file /dev/mem0c is created.

(2) dd if=/dev/mem0c of=sram.img bs=512 skip=1 counts=2046
will copy the data to the file sram.img

(3) mount sram.img /mnt -t msdos -o loop=/dev/loop3,blocksize=1024
will make data available in directory /mnt. Once you have set up
permissions correctly data can be copied from and to the directory.
(4) don't forget: umount /mnt

In case this is already known I apologize and would like to ask for
further references.

--
Volker Jahns, Volker.Jahns@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://thalreit.de