Re: 32Mb compact flash cards, and Parallel / Serial connectors

Hello James,

> Secondly, has anyone heard of a PCMCIA CF adapter that is actually
> Type 1?  I've read threads about type 2 adapters being modified

Yes, I heard about this, and will probably do so too soonish...

> or just plain forced into the PCMCIA slot,

That's what I currently do.

> but a type 1 adapter would be a lot neater.

Indeed, but I at least have never seen one offered.

> Finally, I already have a set of parallel and serial cables, but I
> gather they're hard to get.  I contacted a local supplier about
> buying some DDK DHF connectors.  He can get them in, but needs
> numbers before he can get a price.  Is anyone interested?

Absolutely.  Of course this ultimately depends on the price, but I'm
game for say 10 each for any even remotely reasonable price, say below
2US$ each, and more if the price would be lower.

Thanks for the offer

Sven
--
 _  __                     The Cognitive Systems Group
| |/ /___  __ _ ___                                       University of Hamburg
| ' </ _ \/ _` (_-<  phone:    +49 (0)40 42883-2576      Vogt-Koelln-Strasse 30
|_|\_\___/\__, /__/  fax  :    +49 (0)40 42883-2572             D-22527 Hamburg
          |___/ http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~utcke/home.html