HP (Medion) CF-card not working

Hi,

a few weeks ago I successfully installed a 16MB CF-card in my PC 3100.

http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~utcke/Laptop/sharp-pc3100.html

Well, today Aldi (a German discounter) started selling 32MB CF-cards
at _very_ competitive prices, so naturally I went there to try one.
The card is sold under the label Medion, but was supposedly
manufactured by HP.  But, alas, no success.  Both sdisk and sformat
admonish me to only use Sundisk products, then quit.

As I don't think there's much of a difference between CF-cards by
Sundisk and that by HP, I would think that it must be possible to hack
the corresponding drivers to accept all brands --- if there's someone
on the list who knows enough about assemblers and disassemblers...

So much for the bad news...

On a slightly related note:  sundrv.zip refers to drivers for the
PC3k, the HP95LX and the Olivetti Quaderno.  Drivers for the first two
are included (DIPSSDP.SYS and HP95SDP.SYS), but the last one
(OLIVDSP.SYS) is missing.  Has anybody ever seen this driver and could
mail me a copy?

On a completely unrelated topic: has anybody managed to get any kind
of "network" connection with the PC3k better than 9600 over
null-modem?

Greetings

Sven
--
 _  __                     The Cognitive Systems Group
| |/ /___  __ _ ___                                       University of Hamburg
| ' </ _ \/ _` (_-<  phone:    +49 (0)40 42883-2576      Vogt-Koelln-Strasse 30
|_|\_\___/\__, /__/  fax  :    +49 (0)40 42883-2572             D-22527 Hamburg
          |___/ http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~utcke/home.html