Flash cards again...

I am sure I know the answer to this but having been covered on the list
from time to time, thought I'd seek an update on the old chestnut re: ATA
Flash card usage in PC3ks.

For several years now I have used the Sandisk SDP5 10Mb card in my PC3k and
it even shows up on my Thinkpad W95 menu. Recently I was able to purchase
an OEM (HP) Sandisk 10Mb card quite cheaply and thought it would be just
the same being a Sandisk. The code on this however turns out to be SDP3B..?

Now I have all of theSANDISK utils/formatters *and drivers* and although
this card shows up in the PC3k file structure, it will not Format from the
Pc3k (Bios) format or the SFormat utility command. It will SDISK Ok and,
even upon getteing the general system error message to drive A: it will
show up and allow small files to be copied to it. However, text files are
all it will run ( these are re-callable and readable/executionable in
'edit')  but it will not condone  .exe/.com files. Also, these files are
not visible in the W95 setup on transferral to the Thinkpad PC slot or vice
versa??? It also reports on the Pc3k 'chkdsk' that there is 122240 kb (or
something over 12Mb) available...?? It will format OK under W95 etc...

It is such a shame! I paid £300.00 for the earlier card (then very
competitive!) and less than 1/10th for this 4 years later!! Still, digital
cameras always need more storage and it will probably end up in one of
those...

UNLESS, someone has an answer...?

Mark