Re: Booting other OS

Hello Stewart,

[lots of thoughts about booting OS in s3k]

> Loadlin can be used to boot Linux from DOS, but Linux still needs to be
> able to recognize, and format SRAM and flashRAM cards.

Again, don't forget that Linux proper requires a minimum of 386 with
4MB (2MB for the smallest possible version), while all we got is a
lowly 8088.  Elks or minix, yes.  But Linux will never run on that
machine.

Sven
--
      IBM Thinkpad 701C, 80486 DX4/75, 40MB RAM, 3.2GB HDD, Linux 2.0.36