Re: CF card is great (except with file manager)

Hello Dean,

> I just installed a Sandisk 16M CF card and Sandisk CF/pcard adapter.
> It really takes the machine from being a toy to being useful.

It actually does, doesn't it?

> The only glitch so far is, the File Manager
> - sometimes doesn't see the card
> - sometimes doesn't display the card free space
>
> Not really much of a problem. There are other DOS utilities
> that work better.

I use the Volkov Commander, a Norton Commander Clone.  It's actually
better than the Norton Commander (I think), is a lot smaller, and the
alpha (which is absolutely stable, even smaller than the full version,
but, not surprisingly, missing some features) is actually freeware...

http://www.egner-online.de/vc/index.htm
http://free.of.pl/v/vc_pl/
http://hjem.get2net.dk/fec/volkov/volkov.html

In fact, the only think I am missing is an integrated ftp-client which
allows me to compare a local directory with a remote directory
(recursively, if possible :-).  Anybody knows of such a beast?

Sven
--
 _  __                     The Cognitive Systems Group
| |/ /___  __ _ ___                                       University of Hamburg
| ' </ _ \/ _` (_-<  phone:    +49 (0)40 42883-2576      Vogt-Koelln-Strasse 30
|_|\_\___/\__, /__/  fax  :    +49 (0)40 42883-2572             D-22527 Hamburg
          |___/ http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~utcke/home.html