Re: Cables and or connectors

Hi Alex

1st welcome to this list, but as far as connectors or cables is concerned they are
scarce.
So if you happen to find some concidder yourself lucky.
If you are a littlebit deft with your hands you can make your own.
This is what I did:
For serial and parallel interface I took some PCB and my "Dremel"
I printed on a peace of white sticker the pattern that had to be made,
5 or 10 strait lines, used a simple drawing tool on the PC for that.
This sticker brought onto the PCB this gave me a guide to remove
the correct lines of copper.
I think the pitch was 1.27 mm, so 1/20 of an inch.
I soldered on these "Normal D-type Connectors" so in this way you can use
normal serial and parrallel cables.
Then for the power-supply there seems to be some Sony diskman with the
same plug. I could not find it up till now.
I made mine myself by bending 2 peaces of thin plate in cilinder style
one wide enough to hold the middle pin the outer cilinder thin enough to slide
into the hole.
Some paper rolled on the middle cilinder a little glue or tape,
Than you attach the cord of a general small 6V powersupply (+ on the middle pin)
You can entually pot the solder connections into some 2 components glue.
The powersupply is best if it is an electronical stabilized supply,
this give a more stable display.

L.G.C.M. Arendsen (Leo)
E-mail: Leo.G.Arendsen@xxxxxxxxxxx

                      <alez@xxxxxxxxxx
                      >                            To:  sharp-pc3k@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                   cc:  (bcc: Leo.G. Arendsen/EHV/CIP/PHILIPS)
                      03/22/02 01:12               Subject:   Cables and or connectors
                      PM
                                                   Classification:

Hi,

I'm in search for cables and or connectors for the PC-3100 serial and
parallel ports. Anyone selling? Or anyone could find the conectors in
local electronics stores or so?

Thank you very much in advance.

Alex