Win98SE destroys file system on SRAM card

Hi,

I have some trouble using my 2 MB SRAM card with PC-3K and Win98SE.
Writing files under Win98SE destroys the file system on SRAM card.

Anyone has similiar problems or has a solution? It's annoying to use the
serial cable for installing the CF-card drivers.

What I have done:

formatted the card on PC-3K and ran chkdsk
  2081792 bytes total disk space
  2081792 bytes available on disk

chkdsk on Win98SE with the same card showed the same infomation (2033
cluster @ 1KB)

copied 3000util.zip (32451 bytes) to the card on Win98SE

chkdsk showed then (translated from german)
  2081792 bytes total disk space
    32768 bytes in 1 file
  2049024 bytes available
     2001 clusters available

"chkdsk a: /f" on PC-3K
  Volume A3 created 9 Mar 1980 0.03
  A:\A3
     Allocation error, size adjusted.
  A:\3000UTIL.ZIP
     Allocation error, size adjusted.

  37 lost clusters found in 35 chains.
  Convert lost chains to files  (Y/N)?  n
      18944 bytes disk space freed.

    2082304 bytes total disk space
          0 bytes in 1 hidden files
      16384 bytes in 1 user files
    2065920 bytes available on disk

formatting this card on Win98SE (2044KB)
  2072576 bytes total
  2072576 bytes available

  4096 bytes per cluster
   506 clusters total
   506 cluster available

copied again 3000util.zip on SRAM card

put the card into PC-3K
tried to unzip the file but I got a sector not found-error

"chkdsk a: /f" on PC-3K
  A:\3000UTIL.ZIP
     Allocation error, size adjusted.

  384 lost clusters found in 364 chains.