The latest Poqet('ish)

Greetings.

They say that change is inevitable, progress isn't. For yet another
example of this maxim, visit www.quickpad.com.

Being nostalgic -- or at least a spend thrift -- I bought I QuickPad
(but haven't used it yet). QuickReview: Cute but slipshod all around.

The DOS implementation was buggy (although I think they've released a
fix), the CF card juts out of the unit when installed, the manual is
amateurish, if the "Word processor" differs from an extremely basic
text editor, I don't know how (although I think they've just added a
spell checker), and the screen is only barely DOS Text mode compatible
(although with reduced width & height), & there is no "off" switch
(the computer is turned off by software, meaning that a lockup
requires battery removal). If I could get WordStar4 (the best word
processor ever) working on it (WS4 supports odd video displays but the
QuickPad has thus far proven too odd <g>), and if I could modify the
CF socket so that cards stay inside the case, the unit might well have
some possibilities. Until then...

Cordially,
Richard Kanarek