I'm New

If you've read the subject you'll realise that's what I am.

I was given a PC-3100 as my 12th birthday present. The person who gave it to me hadn't used it in years and didn't seem to know much about it.

I have no manual. I do have a laplink cord and 2 PCMCIA  type 1 (I think) cards. According to the previous owner they game with the laptop. They are completly unmarked.

When I try to format them by typing 'format a:"(or format b:) I get an error message saying 'Drive Not ready"
What is happening?

I can't acccess the FTPftp://hawk.psychol.ucl.ac.uk/pub/sharp-pc3k/

I should be able to get laplink working

thanks.