hffax 5.1 on the Sharp PC-3100

I have some trouble to get hffax 5.1 to work on a PC-3100.

The system hangs when the executable is started.

First I thought it might be the video adapter, but the UNIX command
strings HFFAX.EXE clearly show that it CGA is configurable. Also
running the executable w/ dosemu ( a DOS emulation which runs
in UNIX) works fine (also shows that dispaly defaults to CGA.

Then I suspected not enough memory:

I have tried several memory configurations. hffax hangs in any of
these configs.

(1) Disabling any loading of drivers and diagnosing w/ MEM.EXE
gives a maximum 548528 bytes available.

(2) Extra memory EMM.SYS w/ 640 kB

Also, I know that hffax 5.1 runs on HP200 LX (which also supports CGA
but has 80186 unit on board).

I would _greatly_ appreciate any suggestions.

--
Volker Jahns, Volker.Jahns@xxxxxxxxxxx, http://thalreit.de