6MB SRAM cards...

After a search, I found this company:

http://www.synchrotech.com/products/sram.html

This page lists two kinds of PCMCIA SRAM cards.  One which I presume would
require full Socket Services as it includes 2K of "Attribute Memory."  The
other set reads like they are probably regular SRAM cards as they do not
have the 2K of attribute memeory.

There are also some links at the bottom of their page to other pages about
using SRAM with Win2K and XP, and also a FAQ.

They show 256K, 512K, 1MB, 2MB, 4MB and 6MB sized cards.

I wonder...

In the mean time, I've copied over most of my older DOS based development
software to the PC-3000 flash cards.  I'm glad that I was stubborn and kept
it all over the years.  It's kind of funny to be able to run the Microsoft
Programmers Work Bench and develop FORTRAN on a hand held computer.  The
really funny thing is that the little PC-3000 is actually a bit faster than
the system that I had back when I bought the copy of FORTRAN.  Of course it
was in a BIG metal box and had a whopping 5 Megabyte hard drive.  It was a
"timid turbo" and had an 8088 that ran at about 6 MHz.  Too bad I seem to
have lost my old copy of Microsoft Works for MS-DOS.  Sounds like a good
quest through the old surplus software web sites.

Still looking forward to reading whatever bits and pieces appear over time
about the PC3K special BIOS functions.  The old SysReq key had a really easy
to access built in hook in most flavors of BIOS.  It made it pretty easy to
hook in ugly little home-brew TSRs.  Wow, TSRs..., makes me miss all of the
old but nifty little tools like Sidekick.

Best wishes to all,
Jack