Fw: PC3K

-------Original Message-------

From: Frank
Date: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 14:26:47
Subject: PC3K

Hello,

I have troubles connecting my PC3K to my desktop. (400Mhz pentium running windows xp). I tryed starting up the desktop in MS-dos 6.2 on diskette, but I'm missing the "mode" command (have the full MS dos 6.2 install diskettes, but can't install them on harddisk, because of the XP system, installing them on diskette, doesn't give me the mode command). Trying to solve the problem with the "mode" command from freedos didn't solved the problem (probably because that "mode" command doesn't accept the last "p" on the command line, it only accepts MODE COM1:2400,n,8,1 ; MODE COM1:2400,n,8,1,p is not accepted). Once in a while, when I try to start installing laplink from the PC3K it says "Loading bootstrap" but then I get a "Divide overflow" error on my desktop. I already installed laplink on the diskette (the laplink without the remote install option), but the two laplinks won't connect. When I use hyperterminal for testing if the connection works, sometimes it works, sometimes it has speed problems (I think). I have no other possibilities to install other programs on my PC3K, so I need laplink to do the work. What can be the problem and what could be the sollution?

Kind regards

Frank