From: Bill Moy
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 12:05 PM
Subject: Re: Looking for - Wordperfect

There is a ROM card that runs WordPerfect for the PoqetPC.  I believe it's advantages are that it doesn't use RAM to run; -that it runs directly from ROM.  I'm not 100% sure.  There's another program that is considered the stripped down version of WordPerfect, called LetterPerfect.  I'm not sure about the issues of copying ROM programs; if it's anything like Omnibook's System Card with Windows, the both of them will be in XIP code (eXecute In Place -which doesn't need to load in RAM to run.)

Yes, there is PoqetTools for PC, I have it somewhere.  I will need to find it.  Perhaps Sven wouldn't mind setting up these files on his site, I'm pretty sure it's not on Bryan Mason's site because of release issues.  Does software become public domain if abandoned?  Bryan, is this still a concern?

At this time I'd like to mention this tip:  I used to have lots of free storage space online until each started to close their doors one at a time.  There a one that I just discovered and still 100% Free, Yahoo's Briefcase  -and something like 30 Megs!!  Once again, I am able to share files to others without sending large attachments.  Get yours too!  -Bill