Re: CF-card

Hello Ulrich, hello Michael,

> the card I have is a SanDisk 32 MB CompactFlash bought at Conrad, one
> of those recommended on Sven's website as "working".
>
> I also use the PCMIA adapter from Conrad.
>
> Once I inserted it into my subnotebook, it was immediately recognized
> and the necessary drivers installed automatically: but that is with
> Win98 SE, not First Edition.

I tried the same with an old 486-based Laptop (Thinkpad 360PE) and one
of the first versions of Windows _95_ running, and the card was
recognized without problem.  I can only guess that maybe some drivers
needed have not been installed...

> All I can think of is trying to load the DOS drivers you use on the
> PC-3K (sundrv.zip) in the config.sys of the laptop under Win98 - that
> may work.

I doubt very much that this will work, as the driver uses some
proprietary BIOS-extensions of the PC3100 (or so I understand).

To summarize: The CF-card should be reand readable under Windows (at
least 95 and 98) out of the box, if not, it is probably some problem
with the Windows-setup.  Now if only I could say the same about Linux
:-)

Sven
--
 _  __                     The Cognitive Systems Group
| |/ /___  __ _ ___                                       University of Hamburg
| ' </ _ \/ _` (_-<  phone:    +49 (0)40 42883-2576      Vogt-Koelln-Strasse 30
|_|\_\___/\__, /__/  fax  :    +49 (0)40 42883-2572             D-22527 Hamburg
          |___/ http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~utcke/home.html