Re: Different screen font?

Hello Ulrich,

> >Then in stead of windows you could concidder
> >writing texts in a self built editor with
> >Borland graphical interface, they have some
> >interesting font possibilities.
> >And at their muzeum site
> > http://community.borland.com/article/images/20803/tp55.zip
> >you can fetch for free borland pascal 5.5,
> >I have it Up and running.

Hmm, I'm sure there must be a simpler solution, but:

> Writing myself an editor is something I have not yet thought about. I
> have done a little bit of programming in PowerBasic, but never in
> Pascal. I did download TurboPascal 5.5, and looked at the demo: yes,
> this would help, great fonts, exactly what I need - if only coding an
> editor in Pascal is something I could do in a couple of hours <g>.

TP 6.0 (and, I believe, TP 5.5) came with an editor-widget all ready
coded which only needed to be plugged into your own program --- so
coding a very simple editor in TP would literally be only an hour or
two --- once you understand how their object oriented Pascal worked.
Of course the editor would be limited to less than 64KB text, WordStar
Keybindings and extremely little bells and wistles, but still...

> >You have to switch of low power mode (pity)

Do you know why?

Sven
--
 _  __                     The Cognitive Systems Group
| |/ /___  __ _ ___                                       University of Hamburg
| ' </ _ \/ _` (_-<  phone:    +49 (0)40 42883-2576      Vogt-Koelln-Strasse 30
|_|\_\___/\__, /__/  fax  :    +49 (0)40 42883-2572             D-22527 Hamburg
          |___/ http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~utcke/home.html