Re: PC3K data to PC (part 2)

Hello Emil,

> I've still problems to plug the CF card into the PC.  This morning I
> tried it with a WIN2000 notebook, which assigned a drive letter
> correctly but told that the card is not formatted and asked for it.

Hmm.  There is of course the possibility that the Sharp formats the
card differently from Windows.  I don't use Windows, so I wouldn't
know, but I can use the same card in the Sharp, the Poqet-PC and a
Quaderno33, all under DOS.  I _think_ I can not use it under Linux
though, which would indeed suggest that the format changed sometime in
the past.  Have you tried formatting the card in the Windows PC and
see whether the Sharp can read it (probably not, plus you would loose
all info stored on the card).

Life would be a lot easier, I often feel, if floppies for the Sharp
where available.  Any ideas?

Sven
--
 _  __                     The Cognitive Systems Group
| |/ /___  __ _ ___                                       University of Hamburg
| ' </ _ \/ _` (_-<  phone:    +49 (0)40 42883-2576      Vogt-Koelln-Strasse 30
|_|\_\___/\__, /__/  fax  :    +49 (0)40 42883-2572             D-22527 Hamburg
          |___/ http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~utcke/home.html