LCD problem

I have a problem with my display, and I am not sure how it developed, though
I may have given the PC-3100 a few too many knocks.

The LCD is intermittently corrupted.  I have tried opening the LCD casing and
flexing the wires that lead to the display, but that doesn't really seem to
make any difference.  Is it possible there may be a broken track on the LCD
pcb.  The corruption varies from a few characters being drawn wrong, to lots
of misplaced characters and worst of all, all characters being drawn as
blocks.

Could this also be a fault with the LCD itself? Don't know much about them.

I also have the floppy, so if I can't get it working I'll be selling that on
(though I'd rather get it working!)

Any ideas?

Dave Cox