Re: Q: flash card integration

Sven Utcke wrote:

> A tiny whee bit.  The pc-3k.faq basically says that "almost any SRAM
> card can be used in the two slots".  However, the latest revision of
> the faq is from 1997, and the above advice might be older still.
> Whether Flash RAM cards (except for the one mentioned above) might be
> used is completely unclear, all statements in the FAQ have been tested
> for the HP95 only...

Not so!  I've tested the statements on my own PC3k.  SRAM cards are indeed fairly
interchangeable.  But only certain SanDisk models, as explained in the FAQ, can be
used.  I'm using a Sundisk (older name for Sandisk) model SDP5-10 in my PC3k.

> My point.  You can use NiCd or NiMH, but they don't last long (in my
> experience), and data-loss is near certain...

I've had good results with alkaline rechargeables.

>  > > > Are there work-arounds to the Japanese style DC plug?

Why would anyone need one?    If you need a new adaptor, go to a Sony store and buy
a Discman adaptor,as they use the same pin. Also, many car adaptor kits these days
come with these Discman-style pins.

cheers,
--
Stewart Midwinter