Re: sharp pc3100 Diary.exe program

Gday Bevan and others on this list,

Dip did actually release a desktop PC version of the Sharp
PC3100 software suite caled Pico and it was distributed with
upgrades and speed ups to the original software.

I have two of these machines and have always been a dedicated
fan of them, however due to recent time constraints and my
current use of an HP Omnigo organiser, my use of the PC3K has
been somewhat limited over recent years.

With my machines I have the external floppy disk drive, full
service manual, and a great accumulation of other info for this
beaut little machine which was discontinued far too early in its
life span but in typical Sharp fashion.

I have written and collected a great deal of software for the
machine as well, successfully run other versions of Dos,
connected to both Novell and Microsoft networks, run various ram
cards, modified the internals, built various power supplies and
external battery packs and generally had a good time with it.

One day permitting I will get back to it, however for now I am
very busy in the WinNT networking world, one of the reasons
which I have maintained silence and lurked in the background, an
action for which I offer my apologies. Years of ME/CFS have
conspired against my being more active.

For interest sake, other machines which I have and love are now
listed, Amstrad PPC512, Epson HX20, Epson PX8, NEC 8201 very
very much hardware modified and still my main laptop machine,
NEC 8401, HP41CV calculator, Canon X10 since sold, HP Omnigo.

In all these machines I have large spring binders stacked with
info, service manuals and software.

At home I run a dual WinNT server network and Linux server with
7 networked PCs and a couple of Macs also, one of these days
I will get around to connecting the little Sharp again.

I hope I have not rambled on too much, I am pleased to see this
group active again, this has prompted me to write once more.
Thank you all for your participation and support of an excellent
little computer.

Kind regards,
Terry Cox