Linux on PC3100 (was: Anyone have a Sharp floppy drive?)

Hello all,

[request for assistance deleted]

> If this can be done, it will help to confirm whether we can hope to
> install a version of Linux on the PC3k.

No, it won't.  Please note that while it might be very interesting in
itself to find out whether the PC3k can use a different operating
system, LINUX will _never_ be an option, as it requires a minimum of
a 386 with 2MB.

Sven

PS: Of course there's ELKS, Embedded Linux Kernel Subset, and MINIX,
    and possibly other Unix-like systems, but LINUX itself can _not_
    run on the pc3k.
--
      IBM Thinkpad 701C, 80486 DX4/75, 40MB RAM, 3.2GB HDD, Linux 2.0.36