Anyone have a Sharp floppy drive?

Does anyone have an original Sharp floppy drive, the one that plugged
into the system bus on the back of the case?  If so, would you be
willing to run a test for me?

Please make up a boot diskette with format /s, and then transfer the DOS
3.3 boot files to it with sys f: (if f: is the floppy drive letter), and
then see if you can boot the PC3k with it in the floppy drive.  If you
can do this, then please proceed to step 2 which is, get a boot diskette
for DOS 5 (if you can't find one, I can send you one!) and see if you
can boot the PC3k with the DOS 5 boot diskette.

If this can be done, it will help to confirm whether we can hope to
install a version of Linux on the PC3k.

cheers,
--
Stewart Midwinter