Re: PC3K - Wireless terminal possible?

>Has anyone actually experimented with turning the PC3K into a wireless
terminal?  Success?  Barriers?
>There are wireless lan cards but they appear to be PCMCIA type II cards and
require Win95.
>Were there any MSDOS or Win3.1 based wireless lan cards?
>Thanks.

I must admit I never really looked in to what was available - I was sort of
toying with the idea of using a couple of PIC chips for packeting the serial
data and handling retransmit/error correction etc, and a pair of
transceivers I saw in a Maplins catalogue.  I'm not anywhere near good
enough with electronics to make it worthwhile actually buying the bits and
messing about tho - I don't have that much disposable income. :-)

Battery usage would be another factor that would turn me off bigtime.
Having the PC3K driving the serial port all the time == lots of main battery
draw, plus there'd have to be an extra battery pack for the transmitter.