Re: PC3K - Wireless terminal possible?

At 12:34  30/01/00 -0000, you wrote:
>I must admit I never really looked in to what was available - I was sort of
>toying with the idea of using a couple of PIC chips for packeting the serial
>data and handling retransmit/error correction etc, and a pair of
>transceivers I saw in a Maplins catalogue.  I'm not anywhere near good

Oatley Electronics have had some cheap 433 MHz serial transceivers in
their sale catalog for a while.  I suspect they could be the basis for
a serial terminal.

Is it worth looking at solar cells to supplement the battery life on
the Sharp when used for driving serial ports?  (We get enough sun here,
but how do they go in the UK?)
Eric Lindsay has moved from this email address.
All mail sent here gets a "bounce" message.
This email address is used only for screening
junk email - if you want my correct address, say so.