Re: Dos...

Hello Hinnerk,

> thx for all your support + suggestions for my problems. It's really exciting
> that there are still so many sharp- fans!

Yes, I'm quite surpriesed too --- the list seemed pretty much dead
only half a year ago...

> My dad has a adaptor from Sundisk for small Memory- Cards (from digital
> cameras etc...) to pcmcia II; it fit's in the sharp, but it isn't recognized
> as a valid Memory- Card. Are there any drivers, which could solve the
> problem? Would be cool.

There is a driver DIPSSDP.SYS which might be contained within a file
sundrv.zip which might solve your problems --- it is reportedly
necessary for the usual Sandisk-cards.

> Now t the operating systems: there is a Linux- Variant called Minix
> (minix.org), which is capable to run an a 8086, but as far as i know it
> can't be started from dos and there aren't any drivers for memory- cards
> (I'm not sure)...

Does it do anything usefull?

There is also Elks, which might even boot from DOS (I think), but
doesn't do anything usefull.

Greetings

Sven
--
      IBM Thinkpad 701C, 80486 DX4/75, 40MB RAM, 3.2GB HDD, Linux 2.0.36