Re: Memory- Card / Dos for Sharp

Hello Hinnerk,

> does anybody know, which memory- cards (available today, could be used too)
> have 10+ MB? Is anyone willing to sell it to me?

Mark Gardiner replied to a similar question from me:

| I am using a 10Mb SDP5A-10 model. Cards are now available in
| capacities up to 80Mb I believe.  You do need the DIP driver to get
| the Flash card noticed by the sharp

Whether the SDP5A-10 is still available I can not tell.  However,
please let the list know if you find a card that works!

> Another Question: I have a Trantor T338 Parallel-SCSI Adaptor and a 88MB
> Syquest; i Can't format the medias with the Sharp, and when i format them
> with another PC, it is formatted with a DOS4- compatible filesystem; so my
> question is, wether I can run the Sharp with Dos4 or above (but at the
> moment i have only a 512KB Memory- Card...)? And how can i get Dos4?

Wouldn't it be _much_ easier to create a DOS 3.3 Disk for your real
computer, boot it using this disk and then format?  Of course, you do
realise that 32MB is the maximum partition-size DOS 3.3 can handle?

Some other consideration:  The parallel port is unidirectional only,
so anything attached to it will only work at the lowest of speeds.
Just filling the thing with zeros would take hours!

Hope this helps some, and don't forget to post usefull findings to the
list

Sven
--
      IBM Thinkpad 701C, 80486 DX4/75, 40MB RAM, 3.2GB HDD, Linux 2.0.36