zip driver for pc3k

Greetings,

I excitedly purchased the driver from Stephen in Germany.

The documentation is very good and the driver came on a 3.5 floppy.

I was stunned by the slowness of the file transfer.
I was hoping to run windoze 2.0 off of the zip drive.

Apparently, the Sharp PC-3k only has a "Uni-directional" Parallel port.
And so file transfer can happen only as the most slowest speed.  It is
noticeably slower than transferring files to my Sharp floppy drive.

However, a standard Zip machine is about the same size as the external
floppy drive.  And the Zip box will hold bunches more info than a single
floppy.  So I think the driver is still useful for storing "data" on Zip
disks.

I think it would be much better if the zip driver could be configured to
use the floppy port instead.  But this would be too costly and time
consuming.

For a mere 20$ I think the Zip driver is very much worth purchasing.
But I'm warning you now about the speed.

--
Sincerely,

Mark Gholson  AT&T Commercial Website Services