Re: Cables and or connectors

Hi John,

> I may be experimenting with a external cellular phone with built in
> modem but will need to purchase a connecting cable.  More if I ever

I think this is the way to go, actually. Even the modem in my mobile can
work as a real modem (if you select "analog" connection type) or as kind
of fake modem transport (if you select "digital" there are no analog
signals involved), suitable for networks providing TCP/IP over GSM
modem. It is still slow (9600 bps or something like that, I think) but
slightly more reliable and makes more sense as GSM is, after all, a
digital transport.

> get one and then get it to work.  PC3000 and PC3100 do have a great
> compact keyboard and adequate Mono display.

As new user of the PC-3100, I've been really impressed. The keyboard IS
usable and the display IS comfortable, even if you are, like me, used to
TFTs. I in fact prefer LCD for text editing: I don't need colors and I
can see it better even under direct sunlight, after all mobility is what
this is all about!

Cheers,

Alex