Underwood Distributing & DaneElec & Toshiba

I just received my PC-3000 that came from Underwood Distributing via an
electronics supplier that orders various equipment for me and batches it up
to cut down on the number of boxes that I have to deal with.

Anyway - It was just like my experience with them a couple of years ago with
my Sharp PC-1600 Pocket Computer.  It came in the original packaging, and
they had thoughtfully included a fresh lithium cell (in addition to the old
factory packaged one which still tested at full voltage) and also a fresh
set of Alkaline penlight batteries.  All in mint, factory fresh condition.
It included the big spiral bound user manual, and both the serial and
parallel cable adapters.  Opening the box was the next best thing to having
a time machine.

Needless to say, I'll be doing some (a lot) of experimenting this weekend.
I found another way to ID compact flash memory cards.  There's a PocketPC
freeware utility that I found a while back that provides information about
hardware and hardware configuration.  Here's what I found out about two
different "DaneElec" compact flash cards by shoving them in my PocketPC:

The 8MB DaneElec unit reads as
Dane_Elec_______________-
Device ID 18

The 128MB DaneElec unit reads as
TOSHIBA_THNCF128MAA_-841D
Device ID 14

Here's a link to a page on Toshiba's web site with information about their
compact flash cards:

http://www.toshiba.com/taec/cgi-bin/display.cgi?table=Category&CategoryID=71
95

Probably won't have any luck with either, but at least here's a link page
about the Toshiba cards.  It looks like they can run on anything from 3.3 to
5.5 Volts if I follow the spec sheet correctly.

Best wishes,
Jack