[Sharp-pc3k] Reading Sharp PCMCIA cards in modern Windows computers

Is there a way to read the PCMCIA cards that the Sharp
PC-3000 and PC-3100 recognzie in modern computers?
The cards will fit in the PCMCIA slot on my laptop
(with Windows 98SE) and my desktop (with an external
Lexar PCMCIA card reader and Windows XP), of course,
but Windows reports that they are either unformatted
or unrecognized.

Thanks!

Rob

=====
ROBERT J. SAWYER, Science Fiction Writer

 Best Novel HUGO AWARD winner for HOMINIDS
 Best Novel NEBULA AWARD winner for THE TERMINAL EXPERIMENT

 http://www.sfwriter.com    *    sawyer@xxxxxxxxxxxx