Re: SRAM Cards

Sven Utcke wrote:

> Hello Paul,
>
> > "Feldman, Robert" wrote:
> > >
> > > The following was posted on the HPLX list. These SRAM cards will
> > > work in the Poqet Classic and Prime, so they are a very good value
> [...]
> > > This is a reminder to all -- we are selling 5 1.5 meg SRAM
> > > rechargeables for $25.  We don't have specs, and hopefully if 1 or
> > > 2 don't work, it is still a good deal for anyone interested.  (So
> > > far all we've tried work).
>
> > Did anyone else order any of these?
>
> No, although I was really tempted.  The non-replaceable battery and
> the usual hassle when ordering from the US finally put me off, but I
> still think that it is a very good offer!
>
> > I got some, but cannot get them to format beyond 500k Anyone have
> > any thoughts?
>
> On what computer?  Do you know someone with a Linux Laptop?  He could
> then check how the card identifies itself (in /var/log/messages).
> Have you tried some other laptops too?
>
> Sven
> --

Hi Sven,

Thanks for the reply. I tried to format them on my poqet, with the
results mentioned above. I received pcformat from Anthony, but
have not tried it yet, I am not sure if it will work as the
pcmcia device I have on my desktop plugs into the parallel port
and the included utilities cannot format the sram cards. Apparently
with pcformat I have to disable the harddisk on the machine before
I can use it. Must confess I don't understand why. I am very new
to this pcmcia stuff.
--
cheers, Paul - VA7NT (ex VE7CQK) - email: paule@xxxxxx

"Those who hear not the music, think the dancers mad..."