Re: first palmtop?

 > > is it safe to say that the Poqet Classic was the first palmtop?
 >
 > Don't think so.  The first one I ever saw was the Atari Portfolio,
 > which I'm sure predates the Poqet.  And of course that's only

ah, thanks -- didn't know about that one.  what OS did it run?

 > DOS-based computers we are talking about --- what about the 8-bit
 > machines?  I would think that some sharps or HPs might well be classed
 > as palmtops too...

i guess i was thinking of general purpose palm-sized computers.  but
then, i suppose that would eliminate some of the current palmtops as
well, eh?  :-)

 > The Portfolio is even smaller.  Hmm.  When exactly was the Poqet
 > released?  What about the quaderno or the HP95 or somesuch?

i'm pretty sure it was before the HP95 -- and the quaderno was the olivetti
machine?  it was before that too, i think.

paul
 paul fox, pgf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (arlington, ma, where it's 37.0 degrees)