Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 2:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Poqetpc] Any Poqet PCs for Sale?

Hello all,

That should do the trick.

Yeah, but doesn't, at least not on my poqetpad. There, if I boot with an SRAM card in a: then the config.sys and autoexec.bat from that SRAM card are used (which essentially renders the computer unuseable as the autoexec.bat on that card doesn't know about the poqetpad and forgets to load the keyboard :-)

I wasn't sure if you were loading C&SS or not, but if not, then the
PCMCIA socket won't be seen by DOS.

Not quite. The above behaviour means that if I do _not_ C&SS then an SRAM card will be seen. If, by contrast, I first boot the machine using the default autoexec.bat and config.sys, i.e. loading C&SS, then the SRAM-card can not be read (the computer in fact hangs on accessing the drive). This, by the way, is consistent with the behaviour I get from my poqet plus. _But_: where on the Plus loading C&SS means I can now read CF-cards, this does not work on the Pad --- at all. The drive isn't even recognized.

Now, all this might just mean that there's something wrong with my Pad
(which, by the way, I think has modified firmware loaded, as there are
no PIM applications, just as on my Plus, but a lot of connectivity and
barcode stuff instead), so I would very much appreciate if Bryant or
someone else out there could verify all this, but at least for my
machine this does not seem to work --- which is rather a pitty...

Sven
--
_ __ The Cognitive Systems Group
| |/ /___ __ _ ___ University of Hamburg
| ' </ _ \/ _` (_-< phone: +49 (0)40 42883-2576 Vogt-Koelln-Strasse 30
|_|\_\___/\__, /__/ fax : +49 (0)40 42883-2572 D-22527 Hamburg
|___/ http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~utcke/home.html