Re: Sandisk Flash Disk Compatibility - any PC3K work arounds?

John:

I might be wrong on some of this, but I believe the old SDP5-xx cards used 5
volts, and the newer ones don't, so while they might be readable in the
slots, they wouldn't be writeable.  I stand to be corrected, however.

As for the CF cards, Sven recently wrote of having success in getting them
to work, and you can look on his website for details.

Re Windows, due to the version of DOS in ROM, you can only use Windows 3.0,
not 3.1.   It's pretty hard to find, I realise.  I use an SDP5-10 card,
stacked to about 20 MB, and all of it fits in quite nicely. The big
limitation is the memory and the slow speed of the processor; it just wasn't
made to run a graphical OS.  Some people use an old version of GEOS as well,
but internet connection with that is problematic, whereas with DOS you can
use Nettamer for e-mail, text-only browsing, ftp, etc.

There was also a driver made that allowed the PC3k to use a parallel-port
ZIP drive, but the driver was quite expensive.

cheers,
Stewart.