Re: ftp site.

Dear John,

At 04:11 09/02/00 -0800, you wrote:
>    have successfully accessed the highly  useful using MSIE 5.0 from
>withi
> etc.

A few points:

I am one of the administrators for hawk.psychol.ucl.ac.uk.

There are full read permissions for anonymous users on this ftp site.  It
seems that MSIE makes an unusual request of the ftp server, which is
obviously something that later versions of NT support.

Hawk is on practically all of the time (it was off over the 2000 New Year)
and is on a very reliable and fast network connection.

I think that the 'page cannot display' message must be a configuration
issue at your end, since Netscape gives no such issues.  Obviously .doc
files are interpreted as word documents and not as text files.

At some stage Hawk will go to an NT 4/2000 machine, which will help MSIE
browser users.

However, I am happy for someone else to house the ftp files on a permanent
basis, as well as the mailing list for that matter.  Just let me know, and
we can set up the appropriate pointers.

All the best,

Adam.