Re: BIG prblem:((

Hello Hinnerk,

Tuesday, February 01, 2000, 12:17:26 AM, you wrote:

Huh it sounds really bad... The only thing you can do is to check
wheter there is a short connection on the place where you
soldered/removed PSRAM chips. The last chance is that there is a
drop of soldering material (don't know the english word for it...)
somewhere under original twoo chips or somewhere else.
I had the same problem. It was a short connection made by this drop.
Sometimes compressed air can help. In my case I had to remove all
PSRAM chips.:-(

Of course it can be damaged power supply. You should measure 5Volts on
most of pins on PSRAM chips. If not than it is clear.

Radek

HF> Hi,
HF> this time i was too STUPID: i wanted to use 1mb ram fomr my broken sharp3100
HF> for my working sharp3000, but i forgot to remove the main- batteries, and
HF> while i was soldering there was a bad sound - i removed the ram again, but
HF> the sharp doesn't boot :(( sometimes the num- and scrl lock and caps- lock
HF> led's shine's; and the sharp makes a noise when the batteries are plugged
HF> in. does anyone have any idea, what i can do? would be SOOOO cool... i don't
HF> want to throw it away...
HF> a totally despaired
HF> hinnerk

Best regards,