DOS 4 and higher...

Hi,

I ve seen a question of upgrade DOS version in PC3k again. Anyone has
some news?
I found out that what seems to be a standart MS-DOS 3.3 in Pc3k is
not so standart. Try to boot it on normal PC (well PC with 20MB hard
drive is currently not normal:-))). It will freeze. The same
will happen when I try to boot real MS-DOS 3.3 on PC3k. The difference
is in IO.SYS... and FORMAT.COM of course. If you compare both IO.SYS
files, the one in PC3k is longer. I quess it is adapted to boot from
any non-stadart drive. When I replace these files it starts to work
properly so the rest is same. (boot program in first sector,MS-DOS.SYS
etc...)
_IMHO_ the OS from some similar palmtop may work in PC3k because it may
be adapted as well...

What the members of mailing list think about it? It is really IMHO so
don't call me moron please.;-)))

Also I've heard somewhere that DOS5.0 booted from PC3k floppy will not
recognize any other drives. It may support this idea that IO.SYS must
be adapted... But I am not sure wheter is this true. (Hi Stewart can
you confirm it?)

Radek