Re: Memory- Card / Dos for Sharp

Hi Hinnerk

For the memory cards: Look at usenet group comp.sys.palmtops Sometimes there
is for sell something like this. I bought two 1 meg SRAM cards for 28$/each
that way. It was really cheap for new SRAM card. (some close-out)

There is a idea that some Compact flash may work in Pc3k. But it needs
reduction for PCMCIA II which is too big to fit in PC3k. I know one
person wanting to try Compact Flash in PC3k. It is 5V card with Memory
Card Mode support. He wants to mechanically adapt PCMCIA-CF
adapter or PC3k.:-) But the problem will be a driver.
I will let the mailing list know if he will be succesfull.

Also you can try to find a External Box for 2,5" IDE drive. I have one and
it is working fine. It is smaller than PC3k and very handy. On PC3k
works with any HDD splitted into 32 MB partitions. Reading is very
slow because of unidirectional LPT on PC3k.