Re: How do you transfer?

Well there is a program in ZIP package called ZIPDUP, which will copy itself to a remote computer using a MODE and CTTY command:-)(tested - functional under W-NT4)

Howewer SRAM card in LAPTOP ca be used also. Under win9x you have to add two lines to CONFIG.SYS I don't remember exactly what but for sure you will finf it if you open HELP in W95 and enter the keyword SRAM

Radek

> > > Win2k has no Dos and no Interlink or something...
> > > Any solutions available?
>
> > ZIP - not a packing software of course. You can download it from
> > www.palmtop.net Its a DOS program that is probably only one that
> > works under W2000. It must run in foreground and not higher speed
> > than 38400 other under w2000 usually crashes. I was using it for
> > Olivetti Quaderno and HP200LX.
>
> But of course you would first need to get this onto the Sharp :-)
>
> If you do know how to get any programs onto the Sharp I would suggest,
> probably in that order
>
> a) Use a CF-card.  Of course, these only work if a driver has been
>    installed, for which you need to transfer by some other means...
> b) Use something like ZIP (which is Shareware and, as far as I can
>    see, requires DOS, but might indeed work at higher serial speeds
>    --- see above or http://members.aol.com/billw50/vde/zip211.zip) or
>    Kermit (Which is free, but on the PC3K only works up to 9600b/s ---
>    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/) which also works with most other
>    OSes.  But again, you need to transfer this software some other way
>    (at least Kermit, not sure about zip).
>
> It would be handy for both if you owned an SRAM-card, which are
> sometimes available on ebay, usually for a hefty price though...
>
> Sven
> --
>  _  __                     The Cognitive Systems Group
> | |/ /___  __ _ ___                                       University of Hamburg
> | ' </ _ \/ _` (_-<  phone:    +49 (0)40 42883-2576      Vogt-Koelln-Strasse 30
> |_|\_\___/\__, /__/  fax  :    +49 (0)40 42883-2572             D-22527 Hamburg
>           |___/ http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~utcke/home.html

---
** CREATED BY EMAIL.CZ **
   http://www.email.cz <--- Get Your Free Email