Re: How do you transfer?

> > a) Use a CF-card.  Of course, these only work if a driver has been
> >    installed, for which you need to transfer by some other means...

> :-) thats exactly my problem...

Thought so.

> > It would be handy for both if you owned an SRAM-card, which are
> > sometimes available on ebay, usually for a hefty price though...

> hmm... i read somewhere, that they cant be written in normal laptops...

Well, my Olivetti Quaderno (under DOS) can read and write them.  I
never tried under Windows, though, as I normally run Linux on anything
capable to run Windows.  I do not know how to write it under Linux
(which is a real pain!).

> So how to get the driver on the SRAM-Card?
>
> perhaps...
>
> Can i use Laplink (which is on the pc3k) to get the files from a
> win98/dos system? I heard, laplink has some troubles on faster
> machines..

Yes, but:

a) on the PC3k, use the provided laplink.
b) on the other machine, use
   ftp://hawk.psychol.ucl.ac.uk/pub/sharp-pc3k/laplink.zip  Doing so
   circumvents the speed problem, after that everything is fine (or at
   least as fine as it could be with laplink).

As for Pin No 10, I do not know, but maybe the service-manual at
http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~utcke/Laptop/sharp-pc3100.html#util
can be of some assistance?

Sven
--
 _  __                     The Cognitive Systems Group
| |/ /___  __ _ ___                                       University of Hamburg
| ' </ _ \/ _` (_-<  phone:    +49 (0)40 42883-2576      Vogt-Koelln-Strasse 30
|_|\_\___/\__, /__/  fax  :    +49 (0)40 42883-2572             D-22527 Hamburg
          |___/ http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~utcke/home.html