Compact Flash and SRAM 9x Drivers

If wanting to transfer SRAM with a win 9x setup, following thread may help!

Tokk me 3 years to suss this!

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001 18:55:51 -0000, "Alex Quant"
<alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>"MG" <100550.3170@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> I have an urgent need to read a populated SRAM card (not to be
>> confused with FLASH) under W98 on a Toshiba Tecra 740CDT.
>>
>> Now I have several FLASH cards and other PCMCIA devices and can set
>> these up no problem, but can I get W98 to se a Mitsubishi 2Mb SRAM
>> card?? -NO!!
>
>[..]
>
>I had a similar problem trying to read/write a 4mb SRAM card under
>Windows98SE on a Toshiba Tecra 550CDT. After some research I discovered
that
>there is software for reading these cards in the Win98SE CD-Rom disc under
>\drivers\storage\ftl. I just right clicked on the trueffs.inf and selected
>install. Booted back into the OS and found that I could access my SRAM
card
>through a drive letter as if it were a any other media :)
>
>A quick browse on the net for "TrueFFS sram" produces this useful looking
>link www.synchrotech.com/support/faq-sram.html
>
>I hope this helps.
>
>AlexQ
>
>~ Reply-To set to a valid email address ~

Yes, loading this driver did the trick and the SRAM card was seen straight
away.

Why on earth MS didn't make reference to this in their Help file on SRAM in
the first place - would have saved me hours and I would have had the data
backed up from it over a year back!

Cheers

Mark