Re: Cables and or connectors

Hi John,

> Hello Alex.  Out of curiosity, are you able to use your PC3100 on a
> wireless setup?  I assume that you may have that interesting option
> based on the airtel.net e-mail address.  If yes, could you indicate
> what kind of PCMCIA or other unit you use for connectivity?  Thank
> you!

There is so much to explore, but I am still far of such tests.. For now,
I only own one PCMCIA card, which is an ethernet adaptor (for my
laptop). If I plug it and reboot, I get "wrong PCMCIA card". Moreover, I
have now no connection at all with the outside world, so I can't upload
any software to the machine (eg DOS TCP/IP, Nettamer  or anything).
Conclusion: I need the cables first :-( By the way, I think your
assumption is right, for I in fact upload and download my airtel.net
email to my TCP/IP enabled mobile phone (it even has SMPT and POP3).
Connecting this mobile to the PC-3100 would be so great.

Regards,

Alex