Re: How???

> Thanks for all the help people but i just don't understand how to
> get laplink to work.
>
> The fact that the serial port is offline is probably the
> problem. HOW do you get the thing online, it is connceted to my
> computer and stilll won't go online, when I click on online it still
> comes up with no.

Well, I believe you can activate the serial port (at 9600) on the pc3k
with the following command:

setup /L-/RB7/S10

If this alone doesn't help, try

popup

There should be a menu called "Options..." or somesuch (I use a German
version, so no idea what the english version would tell you).  Under
that menu, switch _off_ the battery saver mode, switch the cpu to
10MHz, and under "RS-232C-Options..." go on 9600.

I believe "popup /u" uninstalls popup again...

Once you got a connection going, you will find several programms on
the ftp site which allow you to do the same in more comfort (both
interactively or from the command-line).

Does this help?

Sven
--
      IBM Thinkpad 701C, 80486 DX4/75, 40MB RAM, 3.2GB HDD, Linux 2.0.36