Re: I'm New/Mysterious button

> Unfortunately I have still been unable to find a Laplink or serial cable. Anyone
>know a source ? I might have to do the serial modification if not.
I built my own serial cable. If someone else is interested, send a mail, perhaps I'll set up a page on this
subject. What exactly do you mean by serial modification?

> There's a small rectangular springed button on the rear edge just above the
>battery compartment of my PC-3000. There's no mention of it in the manual.
>Does anyone know its purpose ? The only clue I have is that my Internal
>battery doesn't appear to be functioning.
Somewhere (the technical manual??) I read that this button was meant to be pressed by some periphery
attached to the extension port, but i have no clue what it does, either.

Florian