Re: I'm New

 I recently acquired the PC-3000 manual on E-Pay. While it answered some
of my questions, I'm still hopelessly at sea regarding the confusing subject of
PCMCIA/SDRAM/Flash cards.
 If I can be of help in looking up specific topics feel free to contact me.

 I ,also, am unable to access the UK FAQ site. I get an "unauthorized" error
message. Possibly you could contact the site's owner SVEN to see what
the problem is.

 I found the site of  LEAD DATA who makes the Compact Flash card which
Glenn Sneddon posted he had managed to get a 32MB card working. It is

http://www.leaddata.com.tw/

 They have these cards at up to 256 MB and at reasonable prices. Any
chance that one of these that size might work in a 3K ?

 Unfortunately I have still been unable to find a Laplink or serial cable. Anyone
know a source ? I might have to do the serial modification if not.

 There's a small rectangular springed button on the rear edge just above the
battery compartment of my PC-3000. There's no mention of it in the manual.
Does anyone know its purpose ? The only clue I have is that my Internal
battery doesn't appear to be functioning.

Lawrence

lgwalker@xxxxxxx
bigwalk_ca@xxxxxxxxx