Re: Possible flash memory supplier? Anyone ever try them?

Rev. Jack R. Swindell {jack@xxxxxxxxxx} schrieb am Freitag, 18. Oktober 2002 um 21:34:10
> I've used their 8MB, 128MB and 256MB cards.  Anwyway, I remembered that they
> have an on line .PDF file with some technical information on their compact
> flash cards.  One of the lines reads:

> "* 3.3V / 5V single power supply operation"

That's okay. Some devices like a hard disk of a desktop computer needs
5V (controller electronic) and 12V (motor) at the same time. But CF
cards can operate at 3.3V or 5V but need only one voltage at the same
time to work.

> Hmm...  I wish that the PC-3000 would hurry up and get here so I can give it
> a try.  I thought that I'd try an 8MB card with the "DANE-ELEC CompactFlash
> Adapter TYPE I" but if you look at the PDF file it talks about their adapter
> using a TypeII PC Card slot.(?)

Most adapters I know have a CF slot type I (3.3mm) and a PCMCIA/PC Card slot
type II (5mm).

> I formatted the card in my Canon camera, and Windows 98SE reports that it is
> using 4K clusters.

Maybe you need to format the card on your PC-3K.

> I'll let you know if it works.  If it does, maybe I can partition one of my
> 128MB cards down to 32MB (I don't have any 32MB cards, just 8, 128, and
> 256).  I've gathered that partitioning MIGHT at best let it see the first
> 32MB partition.  As soon as I can try some hands on, I'll report back.  I
> *DID* get a bit hopeful when I saw the bit about 3.3V / 5V like maybe
> they'll do either????

I had repartitioned a 64MB CF card into two <32MB partitions. The PC-3K
had access to the first one.